Booking Terms and Conditions
For Sans Souci, Le Bourg, Cahuzac 47330, Aquataine, France
1. The client is requested to sign and complete the booking form and return it, together with the 20% deposit.
Following receipt of this the owner will send you your confirmation. This is the formal acceptance of the contract and without this no booking can be guaranteed.
2. The balance of the rent together with the security deposit (see clause 3) is payable at least six weeks before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date the owner reserves the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. Reservations made within six weeks of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
3. A security deposit of £100 on Gite bookings is required in case of damage to the property or its contents. However, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the client’s responsibility to the owner. The owner will account to the client for the security deposit and refund the balance due within two weeks of the return of the property key to the owners.
4. The rental period shall commence at 16.00 on the first day and finish at 10.00 am on the last day. The owner shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and the client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated.
5. The maximum number to reside in the property must not exceed four (1 bed gite) or eight (3 bed gite) unless the owner has given written permission. The facilities of both properties are strictly for use of the paying clients unless previously approved at the point of booking.
6. The client agrees to take good care of the property and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. The owner reserves the right to make retention from the security deposit to cover additional cleaning costs if the client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition. The client can take up the option of having the property cleaned for them at the end of their holiday. A €40 charge (1 bed gite) or €80 (3 bed gite) is made for this service.
7. The client shall report to the owner without delay any defects to the property or breakdown in the equipment or appliances and arrangements for repair or replacement will be made as soon as practicable.
8. The owner shall not be liable to the client for:
- Any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the property or in respect of appliances or equipment
- Any loss, damage or injury resulting from adverse weather conditions, riot, war strikes or other matters beyond the owners control
- Any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the client if the property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period. In that event the owner will, within seven days of notification to the client, refund to the client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
9. Under no circumstances shall the owners’ liability to the client exceed the amount paid to the owner for the rental period. The contract shall be governed by English law in every particular including formation and interpretation, and shall be deemed to have been made in England.
Please note that these booking conditions are considered included in our confirmation invoice/statement.
10. Rental prices include water, gas, electricity and bed linen.
11. The owner will carry out maintenance of the swimming pool and the general grounds.
12. CANCELLATION In the event that you cancel your booking, the following charges will be made:
PERIOD BEFORE START OF RENTAL
More than six weeks – deposit only
Between four and six weeks - 50% of rental fee
Less than four weeks - 100% of rental fee
Clients are advised to take out appropriate comprehensive holiday insurance (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party’s personal belongings, public liability, etc since these are not covered by the owner’s insurance